Maintaining your eye health is a multi-part process. It includes routine eye exams and the proper eye protection, but a crucial part is eating the right foods to help maintain your eye health.
Some of the top foods, besides carrots, that you can eat are as follows:
- Leafy greens – packed with lutein and zeaxanthin that are key anti-oxidants that are pivotal in the fight with age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Eggs – they have lutein and zeaxanthin as well, but they are packed with zinc too. which can fight macular degeneration.
- Citrus and berries – full of vitamin C that’s great for your eyes
- Almonds – Vitamin E resides here. Fighting macular degeneration.
- Fatty fish – Tuna, salmon, mackerel are just some of the fish loaded with DHA, an essential fat to the eye for fighting dry eyes.
Again, these are just some of the top foods to eat in your diet to help your eyes. For more questions about your diet and its impact on your eye health, contact Royal Oak Eye Care today!