Eating the right types of foods can have great benefit to your overall health, but also, your eyes. Many people focus on eating the right foods for maintaining their overall health or their weight but not many people consider the foods they eat for their eye health.
According to WebMD, these are some foods are the best for your eyes:
- Raw Red Peppers – Packing the most vitamin C per calorie, these vegetables give the blood vessels in your eyes the vitamins they need. Which is good for helping to prevent cataracts.
- Sunflower Seeds & Nuts – An ounce of these seeds gives you half of the vitamin E that is recommended for adults per day. Vitamin E can help fight age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Dark Leafy Greens – Kale, spinach, collard greens are full of vitamins C & E. Also, they contain carotenoids which are great for your eyes.
- Salmon – A great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to protect your eyes from glaucoma and AMD.
- Sweet Potatoes – Orange colored fruits and vegetables are high in beta-carotene, which helps with your night vision and your eyes ability to adjust to darkness.
To read the complete list, click here.
If you have questions about your eye health and the foods that are best for your eyes, contact our team. We’re here to help you with your eyes.