When our children are young, it can often be difficult to determine when to take them to the eye doctor. But it is important to make sure they are see by an eye doctor to make sure that any potential issues can be addressed. For this, we’ve compiled a list of tips so you’ll know when it’s time to take your child to the eye doctor.
When To Take Your Child To The Eye Doctor
- When your child’s eyes don’t line up, eyes appear crossed, or one looks out
- Eyelids are red-rimmed, crusted or swollen
- Eyes are water or inflammed
- When your child rubs their eyes a lot, closes or covers one eye, tilts or thrusts head forward
- If your child squints or complains of things being blurry
- If your child says their eyes itch or after doing close-up work they complain of dizziness or nausea
Children don’t always understand what’s going on with their bodies, so it’s important that we help them where we can. If you have questions about your child’s eyesight, contact Marion’s Royal Oak Eye Care team, we’d love to speak with you.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT ROYAL OAK EYE CARE
image credit: Donnie Ray Jones on flickr