There are some common eye risks that we tend to overlook when it comes to the health of our eyes. It’s understandable, but it is also important that we be on the lookout for these risks.
- Ignoring regular eye exams – It’s common to feel like eye exams are not important if you can not discern a noticeable change in your eyes, but exams are important in diagnosing issues more than eye sight.
- Ignoring eye irritation – When you’re eyes are itching and burning, it’s important to determine the cause. Time is of the essence when it comes to eye health. Prolonged symptoms can result in permanent damage.
- Not going to the eye doctor because of insurance – Insurance is a reason many give as to why they don’t go to the eye doctor. There are many options out there to help you have your eyes routinely checked.
- Avoiding routine eye exams for your children – They may seem like they can see just fine, but their eyes change a lot in growth and development and undiagnosed issues may interfere with development.
- Wearing contact lenses too long – Many are guilty of this. You can see out of them, so why change them. It’s a understandable thought, but it’s important for many reasons. Eye infections are the chief culprit of wearing contact lenses too long. It’s important to change them as prescribed.
If you have questions about this list, we’d enjoy to the opportunity to speak with you. We believe in healthy eyes and want to do what we can to help.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT ROYAL OAK EYE CARE
image credit: DboyBaker on flickr